Specialists in Communicative Disorders
Yakety Yak Speech-Language Pathologists, Inc.
Yakety Yak Speech-Language Pathologists, Inc. located in Kissimmee, FL is dedicated to providing exceptional, personalized speech-language evaluations and therapy to our patients. By creating ongoing personal relationships with our patients and their families, our clinic is able to provide fun and interactive therapy sessions for children experiencing speech and language disorders. We provide therapy services at our clinic and at participating local schools*. Our multilingual staff speaks: English, Spanish, French/Creole, Hindi, and Marathi.
What is Speech-Language Therapy?
Speech-Language therapy focuses on the production and comprehension of language and ability to effectively communicate with others. Some children need help with the mechanics of producing words, while others require assistance with understanding and
What is a Speech-Language Pathologist?
A speech-language pathologist (SLP) is a highly-trained professional who evaluates and treats children and adults who have difficulty with speech or language. Although people
often think of speech and language as the same thing, the terms have very different meanings. If your child has trouble with speech, they struggle with the "how-to" of talking-the coordination of muscles and movements necessary to produce speech. If your child has trouble with language, they might struggle with understanding what they hear or see or have difficulty finding the right words and organizing in a meaningful way to communicate a message. A SLP evaluates, diagnoses, and treats speech, language, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders in individuals of all ages.
What is a Speech Disorder?
A speech disorder occurs when a person is unable to produce speech sounds correctly or fluently, or has problems with his or her voice. These include:
• Articulation - the way we say our speech sounds
• Fluency - stuttering
• Apraxia - difficulty planning and coordinating the movements needed to make speech sounds
• Voice - problems with the way the voice sounds, such as hoarseness
• Phonology - the speech patterns we use
What is a Language Disorder?
A language disorder occurs when a person has trouble understanding others (receptive language), or sharing thoughts, ideas, and feelings completely (expressive language).
• Receptive Language - difficulty understanding or processing language
• Expressive Language - difficulty using language
• Pragmatic Language - social communication; the way we speech to each other
A SLP can also treat...
• Oral-Motor Disorders - weak tongue and/or lip muscles
• Cognitive or Other Developmental Delays - facilitating communication in children with Autism and other developmental disorders
• Deafness/Hearing Loss - therapy includes developing lip-reading, speech, aural rehabilitation, and/or alternative communication systems
• Swallowing/Feeding Disorders - difficulty chewing and/or swallowing
To improve speech and communication needs of children (ages 1 to 21 years old) by providing comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services and helping them achieve their maximum potential.
To learn more about the services we provide, please call us today at 407-201-8079 to schedule an appointment.
*Participating Schools include: A Blessed Academy, Chosen Generation Academy, Central Pointe Academy (Kissimmee campus), Central Pointe Academy Learning Center, Esther's School, Faith Harvest Christian Academy, Freedomland Christian Academy, Holy Reedemer, Kingdom Christian School, Osceola Christian Preparatory School, Pleasant Hill Academy, Poinciana Christian Preparatory School, Reborn Christian Academy, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Tiny Tots Christian Academy, Trinity Lutheran School
Back to top